Sunday, March 14, 2010

HUGE SALE!

I don't have any pictures for this post (remember the new camera that the son broke?---see my last post)
I do want to tell all of you that Hosanna House on 6th St. in Belton TX is going out of business. I can't remember if they are closing on May 1 or May 31, but they are closing. An interior decorator is slated to go in the same mint green house.
Anyway, I have consigned there for about a year and half. I was in last week and marked down a ton of my stuff. Not .10 and .25 markdowns, but 75% and 80%. $5 linens are now $1. $5 jewelry is now $1. And there are plenty of my things marked 25 and 50 cents too!

A few things came home with me and will reappear in the retail world in my booth. But most of my stuff is marked down. A lot.

There are two big wooden pieces of furniture there and an old wood burning stove that are all mine with nowhere to go when they close.
One large piece is a kitchen cabinet from Germany. Even though I bought it in Germany, I think it is Dutch. Why you ask? go ahead, ASK?
Because the "backsplash" is a set of UNBROKEN< UNCRACKED< UNCHIPPED Delft style tiles that form a fishing scene in Holland. THAT is why I think it is Dutch.
It is highly rare to find these cabinets with tiles in tact at all and mostly they were made with all white tiles so to find a cabinet with unbroken tiles that form a scene is amazing.
The top doors have leaded stained glass, a frosted panel surrounded by multi colored rectangles that form a frame around the center panel.
All in tact and not chipped or broken either.

The second wood piece is an American hutch from the 1940's. Curly fret work on the inside of the glass front. The finish on the wood is great with few, if any, scratches. When I bought it, my plan was to add fabric in the glass doors and use it for my dresser in my master bedroom. I guess if it doesn't sell, that is where I will put it and then find somewhere for the dresser I now have.

The wood burning stove is old with all original pieces and MUST sell as it is too heavy for me to move and I don't have anywhere I can put it. It has been cleaned up and "blacked" as it was used in a farm show. Originally $500, marked down to $400. Make an offer!

Mark and Laurie will be selling their stuff cheap too?

For two pics of the shop in months past go to:
http://craftymarta-fortheloveofjunk.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2010-01-22T18%3A57%3A00-08%3A00&max-results=7

or:
http://vintagesue.wordpress.com/2009/01/18/a-day-in-the-lifeof-a-shopaholic-junker/

These pics are over a year old and many of the things in them are gone but you get the idea what to expect and yes, some things are still there. and marked down.

1 comment:

  1. if i was there, i'd go shop immediately!!!! good luck cindy!!!!
    sue

    ReplyDelete